Every year I plan December: I have gifts bought, menus planned and the lists checked off by the beginning of the month. Could you imagine how ugly this would get if it wasn’t organized? Ha! Probably just fine, and just as much fun. Yet, no matter how well l plan or how much I’ve saved, it still feels like chaos and I always go over budget. This year I lived in the “week-behind” schedule. I wonder each year why we break our backs to have it perfect when it’s never going to be perfect. If there wasn’t chaos during the season, would it feel right? Yeah, probably so, probably pretty great :)) Luckily there is steak to make it all right in the end.
There’s never a dull moment getting it started, you can feel the excitement in the air. Christmas music is playing on repeat and spirits are high. Ahhhhhh….
I’m starting to ignore most things related to nursing, Covid, health. I need a break. I need joy, life, and revival! Can I get an AMEN?!
We garlic buttered them on both sides and grilled them on a cast iron skillet on the grill. Key is to make sure your pan is hot and to not over cook them. These will melt in your mouth with savory flavor. I served them with my ranch mashed potatoes, homemade cranberry sauce, and roasted Brussel sprouts. Nothing too fancy this year, I had to go simple, clean, and savory.
Steak Garlic Butter
- mixing bowl
- (optional) mixer
- 1 stick unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tbsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt with parsley (Lawry's)
- 1 dash finely minced parsley
- 2 tsp grated parmesean cheese
- Using mixer of choice- stand mixer with paddle attachment or hand mixer, mix the butter while slowly adding the oil. Don't add too much oil or it'll get too soft and sad.
- Add minced garlic, granulated garlic, salt, parsley, cheese. Mix until light and fluffy.
- Rub on steak. Make sure your cast iron griddle is hot and sear on each side for 5 minutes or until desired doneness.
- If you have extra, it can save for at least 2 months in an airtight container. Great addition to breads, fish, chicken or steak.