I don’t know one person out there that wouldn’t use an easy dinner. Even in quarantine somehow our lives still become consumed with something. So here is an easy dump casserole that can totally be as last minute as you want. Plus! An easy clean-up.
Dump (I really don’t like this word) cans of chopped tomatoes, black beans, and corn. Combine with garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, red pepper and MOST importantly the TOMATO BOUILLON. Disclosure: this tomato bouillon may change your life. I use this for almost all Mexican food but most importantly Mexican red rice. TO. DIE. FOR.
Start layering like a lasagne. Start with the corn mix, add chicken, add cheese. Top that with tortillas and start again. Corn mix, chicken, cheese and tortillas.
Finish it off with cheese and ta-dah!!
Dish it out and fancy with some onion, sour cream, cilantro, or lettuce. Easy-peasy.
Hope you enjoy!!
- mixing bowl
- lasagne dish or 18"x12" pan
- 28 oz. diced tomatoes with juice
- 29 oz. can of corn drained
- 15 oz. black beans drained
- 1 tbsp. tomato bouillon
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbl. garlic powder
- dash red pepper
- 8 tortillas
- 1 lb. cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven for 375 degreesIn a mixing bowl dump tomatoes, corn, beans. Add spices- bouillon, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, and red pepper. Mix well.
- Just like you would with lasagne, place 1/3 of the mix on the bottom of the pan, add 1/3 of the cheese and place tortillas on top. Then the second 1/3 of the mix, top with cheese, then tortillas. For the last layer put the rest of the mix on top and place cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered for 30-45 minutes. Sprinkle lettuce, onions, cilantro, or sour cream of choice. Enjoy!